What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on Your computer or other internet connected device in order to identify Your browser, provide analytics, remember information about You such as Your language preference or login information. They’re completely safe and can’t be used to run programs or deliver viruses to Your device.
What is the Purpose of using cookies?
We use first party and/or third-party cookies on Our Website and Applications for various purposes such as
- To facilitate the operation and functionality of Our Websites and Applications.
- To improve Your experience of Our Website and Applications and make navigating around them quicker and easier;
- To allow Us to make a bespoke user experience for You and for Us to understand what is useful or of interest to You;
- To analyze how Our Website and Applications are used and how best We can customize it;
- To identify future prospects and personalize marketing and sales interactions with it; and/or
- To facilitate the tailoring of online advertising to Your interests.
What type of cookies do We use?
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when You close Your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires, or You delete Your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the Website and Application are called “first party cookies”. Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for Our Website and Applications to function and cannot be switched off in Our systems. They are essential in order to enable You to navigate around the Website and Applications and use its features. If You remove or disable these cookies, We cannot guarantee that You will be able to use Our Website or Applications. We use the following types of cookies in Our Websites and Applications.
- Essential Cookies We use essential cookies to make Our Websites and Applications work. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality including but not limited to, security, network management, Your cookie preferences and accessibility. Without them You would not be able to use basic services. You may disable these by changing Your browser settings, but this may affect how the Website or Application functions.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of Our Websites and Applications but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality like videos etc. may become unavailable or You would be required to enter Your login details every time You visit Our Website or Applications as Website or Application would not be able to remember that You had logged in previously.
- Marketing Cookies These account-based marketing cookies enable Us to identify prospects and personalize sales and marketing interactions with them.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies These cookies collect information that is used to help Us understand how Our Website and Applications are being used or how effective Our marketing campaigns are, or to help Us customize Our Websites and Applications for You.
- Advertising Cookies These cookies collect information over a time period about Your online activity on the Websites and Applications, and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective to You. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing and ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed for advertisers.
- Social Media Cookies These cookies are used when You share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on Our Website or Application, or You link Your account or engage with Our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other. The social network will record that you have done this. These cookies may also include certain code that has been placed on the Websites and Applications to help track conversions from advertisements, optimize advertisements based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future advertisements, and remarket to qualified users who have already taken certain action on the Website and Application.
- Third Party Cookies Some cookies that have been set on Our Website or Application are not set on a first party basis by name of Website or Application. The Websites or Application can be embedded with content from third parties to serve advertising. These third-party service providers may set their own cookies on Your web browser. Third party service providers control the performance and functionality, advertising, marketing and analytics cookies described above. We do not control the use of these third-party cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
How can You manage cookies?
Most browsers allow You to control cookies through their ‘settings’ preferences. However, if You limit the ability of websites to set cookies, You may worsen Your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to You. It may also stop You from saving customized settings like login information. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies.
Wherever You are located You may also set Your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block Our essential cookies and prevent Our Website and/or Applications from functioning properly on Your device, and You may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that You may also lose some saved information (e.g., saved login details, site preferences) if You block cookies on Your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to You. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from Your browser, You will need to do this yourself from within Your browser, You should visit Your browser’s help menu for more information.